Monday, April 22, 2019

Salvation is created

Salvation is created, by Pavel Tchesnokov is a beautiful choral work. Its long arching chordal lines, and subdued style make it a gorgeous, pensive reflection work (at least in my mind). I have played various arrangements of it, and tunes that quote it, many times over the last several years. As this is one of my favorite pieces,  it only makes sense that when I was hunting for trombone choir music and saw this recording I had to write about it. 

Performing this is the University of Texas Trombone choir. While certainly not a perfect recording, it is beautiful nonetheless. I really do not have much to say about this tune, it speaks for itself. I invite you to enjoy this recording while not doing anything else - just sit back and listen!

Enjoy




No comments:

Post a Comment