Friday, April 19, 2019

Mostly* American

Short Post here:

I have always enjoyed German Polka and similar styles. A trumpet player that is extremely popular in Germany, but much less so in the US is Walter Scholz. I have been listening to Scholz since I was fairly young, and oddly enough I still know very little about him. The vast majority of information available on his in in German. There are translation options but there is a lot of context sorting to do there. So, for this post I would like to let his playing speak for itself. Here are some fantastic recordings with Scholz accompanied by a brass band. Listen for his pure and clear tone, impeccable multiple tonguing, and agility. For comparison, I think of him as the German-Polka version of Doc Severinsen.




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment