Monday, April 22, 2019

Ascent to the Summit

My first experience with the Monarch Brass was at the International Trumpet Guild Conference in Columbus Ohio, in 2015. I was a volunteer and was assigned to help setup for their concert. It remains as one of my absolute favorite concerts I have ever been to, for several reasons. Firstly, my undergraduate professor, Lauraine Carpenter, was playing and it was really cool to see her perform in this setting. Secondly, it was one of the most high energy brass concerts I have ever seen. For the full almost two hour performance they played with energy, precision, and emotion that kept the audience on a high. This is a group of amazing professional women brass players that come together to put on these fantastic performances.


Tara Islas wrote Ascent to the summit in 2016, and in the program note describes it as "A short rousing fanfare guaranteed to grab attention with its majestic theme and powerful dynamic peaks."

Enjoy this wonderful performance by the Monarch Brass from the 2017 International Women's Brass Conference.


1 comment:

  1. Wow. Just WOW. They displayed such high energy in this performance and it was such a pleasure to listen to. What really got my attention were the sounds of those horn players! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete